from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small quantity of fine powder to secure the ignition of a charge of coarse powder in blasting.
- transitive v. See under Charge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mining, a small charge of fine powder, placed in contact with a charge of coarse powder to insure the ignition of the latter.
- n. 2. In ordnance, the charge of powder required for bursting a shell or case-shot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.