from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of three gaseous isomeric ethylene hydrocarbons, C4H8, used principally in making synthetic rubbers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The official name of the hydrocarbon C4H8. It exists in three isomeric forms. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun any of three isomeric singly unsaturated hydrocarbons C4H8; all are used in making synthetic rubbers; -- called also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun chemistry Any of several forms of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of three isomeric hydrocarbons C4H8; all used in making synthetic rubbers
Sorry, no etymologies found.