from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A boy servant aboard a ship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A boy or young man who is employed to serve as an attendant for passengers or crew members on a ship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a boy whose duty is to wait on the officers and passengers in the cabin of a ship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A boy employed to wait on the officers and passengers in the cabin of a ship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a young man acting as a servant on a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.