from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of boot.
- n. The sports shoes worn by players of certain games such as cricket and football.
- n. A servant at a hotel etc. who cleans and blacks the boots and shoes. (takes a singular verb)
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of boot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A servant at a hotel or elsewhere, who cleans and blacks the boots and shoes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The porter or servant in a hotel who blacks the boots of guests and in some cases attends to the baggage. Formerly called a boot-catcher.
- n. In tales of Norse mythology, the youngest son of a family, always represented as especially clever and successful.
- n. A name applied to the youngest officer in a British regiment, or to the youngest member of a club, etc.
- n. The marsh-marigold, Caltha palustris.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
My "I don't need to have a baby, I've got great boots boots*"
This chap's boots hadn't been cleaned for days, but they were _boots_, and not holes to put your feet into, like most people wear. "
Burns, the State Department's senior career foreign service officer, said the United States would support a U.N. Security Council resolution that includes and goes beyond a no-fly-zone, but would stop short of what he termed "boots on the ground," or direct intervention by U.S. or other ground troops.
However, I will say that a night where I have dinner with Jon Stewart (and my wife whips him in a trivia contest), and then I have sex with Carrie Fisher in a Princess Leia outfit with leather boots is a pretty good night.
And in this case they finally had to put what they call boots on the ground.
But, of course, Paula, it represents a new development in this war, what they call boots on the ground.
And the laced high-lows which they call their boots,
Might I just buy black rain boots and put a Darth Vader decal on them?
The girl behind her (a brunette in boots) opens her own purse.
Any of the people in that state who think they have a choice of who goes to Washington to lick Obama's boots is out of touch with reality.