from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small quantity of corn in the straw put into the corner of a barn; a small mow.
- n. A short turn or spell at anything.
- n. A trench cut sloping to a very narrow bottom.
- n. A certain breadth in digging or treading land.
- n. In coal-mining, that part of the floor or roof of a gangway which has to be removed in order to equalize the grade, when there has been a slight fault or break in the strata.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.