from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wooden lever with a movable metal hook near one end, used for handling logs. It is similar to a peavey but has a blunt tip, often with teeth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traditional logging tool consisting of a wooden lever handle with a movable metal hook at one end, used for handling and moving logs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A wooden lever with a movable iron hook. hear the end; -- used for canting or turning over heavy logs, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wooden lever with an iron hook hinged at the end for canting or turning over heavy logs.
- n. A sling with hooks, used to empty casks by raising and tipping them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a peavey having a hook instead of a spike; used for handling logs
From cant1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)