from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The curve traced by a cardiograph, used in the diagnosis of heart disorders.
- n. See electrocardiogram.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The visual output an electrocardiograph produces
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any instrumental record made of heart activity, especially the curve or tracing made by a cardiograph. Sometimes used synonymously with electrocardiogram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In physiology, a tracing taken with the cardiograph from the beating of the heart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph
«stroke of luck» was indispensable, even if one is a well-trained experimentator, to obtain a «mechanical» cardiogram from a person, which entirely corresponds with one taken some hours before.
At St Clair, the former president underwent an echo cardiogram, which is an ultrasound of the chambers of the heart, and the results concluded that all was normal.
I thought I was having a heart problem and Dr. Garcia at the Ajijic Clinic called a cardiologist in Guadalajara who met me at this office ON A SATURDAY to do an echo-cardiogram.
He gave me a written report of his findings as well as a video of the cardiogram and he couldn't have been nicer.
I remember seeing a TV commercial during President Jimmy Carter's term that showed a cardiogram with the sound of a beating heart while stating: "As a country that runs on oil, we can't afford to run short."
When these "friends" weren't leaving trivial notes on my wall with the results of their spiritual advisor's echo cardiogram, they were telling me (and I'm hundreds of others) personal details like how most of their Facebook friends are members of Alcoholic's Anonymous.
I talked examined him, checked his cardiogram, gave him some oxygen, and had my nurse administer nitroglycerine to try to relieve his pain.
Get you cardiogram while supplies last and we still have large quantities of print-out tape in stock.
Last year, I took my daughter to a cardiologist for a stress echo-cardiogram because she was having very rapid heart beat.
KING: What about what I took today, an echo-cardiogram?