from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To undergo caseation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A certain ion.
- n. A salt, compound or solution containing this ion.
- v. To produce a cheese-like substance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. to turn into cheese; -- of milk.
- intransitive v. to undergo caseation; -- of dead tissue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In pathology, to undergo caseous degeneration; become like cheese.
- n. In chem., a salt resulting from the union of caseic acid with a base.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become cheeselike
- v. turn into cheese
Back-formation from caseation.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ultimately from Latin cāseus, with -ate. (Wiktionary)
They are like the grill age one notes in ancient French country houses -- little caseate cut in the windows through which you may see in vivid outline a little section of the landscape.