from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One that casts.
- noun A small wheel on a swivel, attached under a piece of furniture or other heavy object to make it easier to move.
- noun A small bottle, pot, or shaker for holding a condiment.
- noun A stand for a set of condiment containers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One of the small callosities on the inner side of a horse's leg: more commonly known as chestnut.
- noun A suffix in place-names, appearing in several other forms, as -cester, -chester. See
- noun One who casts.
- noun One who computes; a calculator; especially, a calculator of nativities.
- noun One who assigns the parts of a play to the actors. One who makes castings; a founder.
- noun A vessel used to contain things in a powdered, liquid, or vaporous form, and to cast them out when needed; specifically, a bottle, vial, cruet, or other small vessel used to contain condiments for the table; also, a stand containing a set of such vessels. See casting-bottle, peppercaster, etc.
- noun A small wheel on a swivel, attached to the leg of a piece of furniture, in order to facilitate moving about without lifting. In this sense also improperly spelled
- noun A cloak.
- noun A horse sold out of a regiment as useless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who casts; ; a
casterof cannon; a casterof accounts.
- noun A vial, cruet, or other small vessel, used to contain condiments at the table.
- noun A stand to hold a set of cruets.
- noun A small wheel on a swivel, on which furniture is supported and moved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Someone or something that casts
- noun A
wheeled assemblyattached to a larger object at its base to facilitate rolling. A caster usually consists of
- noun A
shakerwith a perforatedtop for sprinkling condimentssuch as sugar, salt, pepper, etc.
- noun A
standto hold a set of shakersor cruets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a shaker with a perforated top for sprinkling powdered sugar
- noun a pivoting roller attached to the bottom of furniture or trucks or portable machines to make them movable
- noun a worker who casts molten metal into finished products
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From cast (obsolete) "to turn"
Sorry, no example sentences found.