from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An orange-red to dark red condiment consisting of the ground ripe fruits of any of several pungent varieties of capsicum.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of several very hot
- noun A powder
condimentor spiceformed from the dried chilli pepper varieties above.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers; usually red
- noun a long and often twisted hot red pepper
- noun ground pods and seeds of pungent red peppers of the genus Capsicum
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Alteration (by folk etymology from Cayenne) of kian, chian, from Tupí quiínia, hot pepper.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.