from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for measuring the head.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for measuring the head
- n. A device for positioning the head, and holding it steady, for an X-ray or surgery; a cephalostat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument measuring the dimensions of the head of a fetus during delivery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument formerly used for measuring the fetal head during parturition.
- n. An instrument for measuring the various angles of the skull; a craniometer.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He wore a hat measuring six and seven eighths on the cephalometer used by hatters, which is equivalent to twenty-one inches and a quarter of circumference.
_cephalometer_ used by hatters, which is equivalent to twenty-one inches and a quarter of circumference.