from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A metal dish or pan mounted above a heating device and used to cook food or keep it warm at the table.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A dish or vessel to hold coals for heating anything set on it; a portable grate for coals.
- noun A dish fitted with such a vessel for hot coals, or with lamps or the like beneath, and having a cover, used for keeping meat and other food hot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun cooking Any of several devices, involving a
panand a heater, used to warm foodat the table, or to keep it warm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a metal pan over a heater; used to cook or to keep things warm at the table
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.