from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metal dish or pan mounted above a heating device and used to cook food or keep it warm at the table.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several devices, involving a pan and a heater, used to warm food at the table, or to keep it warm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a dish or vessel for cooking on the table, or for keeping food warm, either by coals, by a lamp, or by hot water; a portable grate for coals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dish or vessel to hold coals for heating anything set on it; a portable grate for coals.
- n. A dish fitted with such a vessel for hot coals, or with lamps or the like beneath, and having a cover, used for keeping meat and other food hot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metal pan over a heater; used to cook or to keep things warm at the table
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.