from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, time, or place of checking out, as at a hotel, library, or supermarket.
- n. A test, as of a machine, for proper functioning.
- n. An investigation; an inspection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the process of checking out of a hotel, or the latest time to vacate a room in one
- n. the process of checking out items at a supermarket or library
- n. the place in a supermarket where this is done
- n. a test to see if some device is functioning properly
- n. an inspection or investigation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the latest time for vacating a hotel room without being charged for extra time.
- n. A counter in a supermarket or other retail store where one pays for one's purchases.
- intransitive v. To vacate a room at a hotel, notel, etc. Converse of
- intransitive v. To die.
- transitive v. To inspect or examine.
- transitive v. To make a record of having borrowed (something) for temporary use
- transitive v. To bring (items to be purchased) to a checkout counter (as at a supermarket or other retail store) where the prices may be totaled and the bill may be paid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The termination of a coal-seam by the meeting of roof and floor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the latest time for vacating a hotel room
- n. a counter in a supermarket where you pay for your purchases
- n. the act of inspecting or verifying
- v. be verified or confirmed; pass inspection
- v. withdraw money by writing a check
- v. trace
- v. try to learn someone's opinions and intentions
- v. announce one's departure from a hotel
- v. examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition
- v. record, add up, and receive payment for items purchased
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When I tried to checkout, there is no huge 2% discount and free shipping! couldn't find the 2% discount and free shipping code when I was trying to checkout~~
If you want to support Hillary or McCain checkout mifavpolitician. com, it has some cool helarious stuff!!
I have talked to quite a few people standing in checkout lines at the grocery stores, fast-food places and friends in general, and the majority of them have said that if Clinton wins the nomination, they will switch to McCain.
The difference in Q1 between online shopping and online checkout is that many services offer not just online payment, but also offline payment at convenience store kiosks, and even cash on delivery to said convenience stores.
They do not yank things from shelves, nor do they wail and plead for items from the "emotional purchase" set-up in checkout lines.
Authorities said the plane was based at Concord Regional Airport and Danny Carroll was approved to rent it after he received an hour "checkout" - a test of flying skills - with a certificated flight instructor on July 6, the report said.
•5 p.m.: The final pieces of the Tampa Bay Rays 'checkout from the Westin hotel in downtown Philadelphia are completed.
For just a moment we stood parallel to one another in checkout lanes four, five and six at Henry’s Foodmart, our grocery carts lined up in front of us in perfect rows.
Well, it’s kind of scary when you think that you could have some comics artist turn her show into something to sell in checkout lines, and people would buy it.
I have been to your site and I too am working very hard at visa master card username checkout adsense to increase my revenue.