from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point where a check is performed: Vehicles are stopped at several checkpoints along the border.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point or place where a check is performed, especially a point along a road or on a frontier where travellers are stopped for inspection
- n. a situation, often represented by a point in time, at which the state of a database system is known to be valid, and to which it can be returned in the event of a crisis by using a combination of backups and logs; the data stored at this event
- n. A predetermined point in a map, level or scenario that the player may resume from if they die or restart from if they choose to.
- v. To set a checkpoint
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To the right of the checkpoint is the Erez industrial area.
Busiest times: Monday mornings; Thursday, Friday, Sunday early morning and afternoon/early evenings at checkpoints in Terminals B, C, and D/E. Terminal A-East checkpoint is often busy in the afternoons.
Workaround: An extra screening checkpoint is open daily from 6 to 10 a.m. in the International Terminal.
Actually, Waldo, the purpose of the DUI checkpoint is NOT to deter drunk driving; it is to increase revenues for criminal defense lawyers.
The interior Aduana checkpoint is just past the interchange.
Workarounds: Terminal B — US Airways has a main checkpoint and a shuttle checkpoint with a connecting corridor post-security; Terminal E — use either the International checkpoint or Southwest Airlines checkpoint to access all E gates.
The drivers congregate each morning at the foot of the 14th of July Bridge, the main checkpoint Iraqis use to enter the area.
In all, the inspectors slipped four banned items through the main checkpoint during the test, sources said.
The best time to go through a checkpoint is when they are hit by several suspicious trucks which require a lot of manpower to check.
The checkpoint is open on the cuota road between Guaymas and Empalme.