from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The quahog clam when of comparatively small size but larger than a littleneck.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The stone-like seed of a cherry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun small quahog larger than a littleneck.
- noun a half-grown quahog.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria) that is larger than a countneck,
littleneckor topneck but smaller than a quahog(used as a size classification by fish merchants).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the stone seed of a cherry
- noun a half-grown quahog
- noun small quahog larger than a littleneck; eaten raw or cooked as in e.g. clams casino
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
cherry + stone
Sorry, no example sentences found.