from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Having a large or well-developed chest or bust.
- adj. Informal Arrogant or proud; conceited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having large breasts; busty.
- adj. Not dry; involving the coughing of phlegm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. marked by a large or well-developed chest.
- adj. having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inflated with an undue feeling of one's importance, and inclined to show it in an impudently aggressive way; ignorantly and pretentiously self-assertive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by a large or well-developed chest
- adj. having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride
Liz: Speaking of surprises, did you hear Sawyer call Lapidus "chesty"?
He has - he sort of has that same kind of chesty quality.
Eric obediently hands over his wallet; the drunk friend subsides into a stupor; but Ike Marcus gets "chesty," confronting their assailants with the brave and foolhardy formula "Not tonight, my man."
He always thought that, so long as a fellow didn't get "chesty" and kept his head from swelling, he was all right.
We jokingly refer to those whose self-respect verges on conceit as "chesty," while we compliment one who is not so extreme by saying, "He is no slouch."
But it was dark and I was afoot, and if I was a trifle "chesty," there had suddenly come new colorings to my narrow world.
On a few tracks during my testing, the mids were a bit too strong, with treble detail a bit recessed, giving the system a bit of a "chesty" sound, but the overall presentation is full and rich-something you don't usually get with compact,
"chesty" people on their books; they were, more or less, in the same predicament.
"chesty" tone, resulting from a labored method of breathing.
His primary flaw appears to be a chesty, quick-draw machismo that might be right for an angry base but wrong for an antsy country.