from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A wooden block on which food or wood is chopped.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A block on which anything is laid to be chopped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A wooden slab used as a cutting surface for food etc.
- noun historical, informal A block of wood against which a condemned person put their head prior to beheading.
- noun by extension A dangerous predicament or situation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a steady wooden block on which food can be cut or diced or wood can be split
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.