from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive & transitive verb To revolve or cause to revolve.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To turn or cause to roll about; cause to revolve.
- To roll around; revolve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To roll round; to revolve.
- transitive verb To roll round; to cause to revolve; to put into a circular motion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
revolveor move about.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb cause to turn on an axis or center
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin circumvolvere : circum-, circum- + volvere, to roll; see wel- in Indo-European roots.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.