from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To revolve or cause to revolve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To revolve or move about.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To roll round; to cause to revolve; to put into a circular motion.
- intransitive v. To roll round; to revolve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To turn or cause to roll about; cause to revolve.
- To roll around; revolve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to turn on an axis or center
Latin circumvolvere : circum-, circum- + volvere, to roll; see wel-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.