from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A claymore mine.
- n. A large, double-edged broadsword formerly used by Scottish Highlanders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large two-handed sword historically used by the Scottish Highlanders.
- n. The Scottish basket-hilted broadsword used during the early modern period.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large two-handed sword used formerly by the Scottish Highlanders.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . The name, in the Highlands of Scotland, of the heavy two-handed sword.
- n. A name given inaccurately in the eighteenth century to the basket-hilted broadsword made to be used with one hand, and closely resembling the cuirassier's broadsword of the seventeenth century in England.
- n. A soldier armed with a claymore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large double-edged broadsword; formerly used by Scottish Highlanders
- n. an antipersonnel land mine whose blast is aimed at the oncoming enemy
“I used to like the big sword claymore, but now … now they have to make them all splody and full of — what do you call that stuff, Nemain?”
The Highlanders love to use cold steel; the claymore was their old weapon, and the bayonet is its nearest equivalent in modern war.
I remember being pretty amazed by just how deadly the claymore was - might have been the deadliest melee weapon they showed, if I recall correctly.
H, Carefully place claymore mine curved side towards the Bear.
La Forge was amused to note that where Picard used to have a fish tank, Scotty had a shield and a couple of claymore swords.
I dropped a claymore land mine right in front of him, and he still knifed me, said Spc.
Claims went back to unit after escape, treatment, and took a DH18 claymore hit.
Replace stash with claymore or similar …. on October 27, 2009 at 7: 59 pm common sense copper
To assist you if you should make a personal struggle against the imperialist chains of oppressive work place work practices, here is a song you can sing as you face bayonet, axe, hammer, spear, halberd, pike, and claymore:
This claymore mine papercraft was designed by Chris Ryan and it was inspired by the Playstation game Metal Gear Solid.