from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Habitually and carefully neat and clean. See Synonyms at clean.
- adv. In a clean manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. being habitually clean, practising good hygiene
- adv. in a clean way
- adv. neatly
- adv. not causing a mess or unnecessary damage
- adv. innocently; without stain
- adv. adroitly; dexterously
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Habitually clean; pure; innocent.
- adj. Cleansing; fitted to remove moisture; dirt, etc.
- adj. Adroit; skillful; dexterous; artful.
- adv. In a clean manner; neatly.
- adv. Innocently; without stain.
- adv. Adroitly; dexterously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from dirt or any foul matter; personally neat; careful to keep or make clean.
- Free from injurious or polluting influence; pure; innocent: as, “cleanly joys,”
- 3. Cleansing; making clean.
- . Dexterous; adroit; clever; artful.
- Neat; trim; well-shaped. Compare clean, a., 9.
- Entirely; wholly; completely.
- In a clean manner; neatly; without soil or uncleanness.
- Decently; morally; with freedom from vice or impurity.
- Cleverly; adroitly; dexterously.
- Clearly; unmistakably.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. habitually clean
- adv. in a manner that minimizes dirt and pollution
- adv. without difficulty or distortion
- adv. in an adroit manner
Borel emphasizes the importance of having his mount break cleanly from the starting gate — along with 19 other horses — then avoiding the bumping and jostling for position that regularly occurs into the first turn.
But Lynas does not see it that way: the real-world result of defeating the wind farm is that the electricity that would have been generated cleanly from the wind will now be generated using conventional means - a mixture of coal and gas.
He made his biggest save while flat on his back with about 8 minutes left, somehow looking up quickly enough to glove Boyle's shot cleanly from a prone position.
But Zheng, hitting cleanly from the baseline and winning most of the long rallies, hung in and went up a break at 4-2 in the second set.
This was hailed as a grand opportunity to reshape the legal framework in a consensual manner and to break cleanly from the past, but the governing conservative party passed the constitution through Parliament without the consent of any of the opposition parties (including the Centre Union, the Socialist, or Communist Party). back
Elias beat goalie Dany Sabourin cleanly off Brian Gionta's cross-ice pass as Sergei Brylin cut down the middle, forcing Sabourin to defend against two potential shooters.
With a faceoff to the right of Miller, Sundin cleanly beat Buffalo's Clarke MacArthur, drawing the puck back to McCabe 10 feet inside the blueline in the middle of the ice.
The Selbie doesn't always strike in cleanly but it's got a much more robust sound than my mach I Henderson. posted by John at 5: 31 PM
Logan made a 19-foot jumper and a 3-pointer both shots went in cleanly as Cincinnati opened a 41-27 lead.
When he's on the net, he can beat goalies cleanly from the blue line.