from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A trite or overused expression or idea.
- noun A person or character whose behavior is predictable or superficial.
- adjective Clichéd.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A stereotyped formula; a lifeless copy.
- noun An electrotype or stereotype plate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A stereotype plate or any similar reproduction of ornament, or lettering, in relief.
- noun a trite or obvious remark.
- noun a mode of obtaining an impression from a die or woodcut, or the like, by striking it suddenly upon metal which has been fused and is just becoming solid; also, the casting so obtained.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun printing A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a trite or obvious remark
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, past participle of clicher, to stereotype (imitative of the sound made when the matrix is dropped into molten metal to make a stereotype plate).]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From French cliché
Sorry, no example sentences found.