from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A written note intended as an explanation, illustration, or criticism of a passage in a book or other writing; an annotation.
- noun A series of annotations or explanations.
- noun A statement of fact or opinion, especially a remark that expresses a personal reaction or attitude.
- noun An implied conclusion or judgment.
- noun Talk; gossip.
- noun Computers A string of text in a program that does not function in the program itself but is used by the programmer to explain instructions.
- noun Linguistics The part of a sentence that provides new information about the topic.
- intransitive verb To make a comment; remark.
- intransitive verb To serve as a judgmental commentary.
- intransitive verb To make comments on; annotate.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make remarks or observations, as on an action, an event, a proceeding, or an opinion; especially, to write critical or expository notes on the works of an author.
- To make remarks or notes upon; expound; discuss; annotate.
- To feign; devise.
- noun A spoken or written remark or observation; a remark or note; especially, a written note intended as a criticism, explanation, or expansion of a passage in a book or other writing; annotation; explanation; exposition.
- noun Talk or discourse upon a particular subject; gossip.
- noun Synonyms Annotation, etc. Sec remark, n.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb Archaic. To comment on.
- intransitive verb To make remarks, observations, or criticism; especially, to write notes on the works of an author, with a view to illustrate his meaning, or to explain particular passages; to write annotations; -- often followed by
- noun A remark, observation, or criticism; gossip; discourse; talk.
- noun A note or observation intended to explain, illustrate, or criticise the meaning of a writing, book, etc.; explanation; annotation; exposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A spoken
- noun programming A remark in
source codewhich does not affect the behaviorof the program.
- verb transitive To remark.
- verb intransitive To make remarks or notes.
- verb software To insert comments into
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
- verb provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
- noun a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material
- verb explain or interpret something
- verb make or write a comment on
- noun a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Of course that was supposed to be "throw" - Note to self: * must preview comment - must preview comment - must preview comment*
Note: with most comment templates you can use $comment here, in order to display the gravatar of the commenter.
; Add Header for image file format: = "P3" comment: = "#File made in Autohotkey" hight: = scan_y_end - scan_y_start width: = scan_x_end - scan_x_start colors: = "255" file_data = % format% % comment% % width% % hight% % colors% % scan_current_line%
AutoHotkey Community 2009
; Store comment for finding blanks later. shortName: = FileShortName (A_LoopField) nameHash: = String2Hex (shortName) varName = comment\%nameHash\% f_TestVarNameLength (varName) comment\%nameHash\% = \% comment\%
AutoHotkey Community 2009
This will append the newly created @comment model to a dom element with the id of comments by rendering the comments / comment partial.
Two hours latter and my pro McCain comment is still under moderation!!!!!! mitchell from arkansaw
Eda's comment translates as one of the most beautiful run-on haiku's I've ever read:
Hell in a Handbasket: More Disturbing Signs BikeSnobNYC 2009
Jon closed the piece with the title comment, "Oh, the delicious taste of senseless fear."
Anyone who points my wife to this comment is a dead man.
Yes | No | Report from osobear50 wrote 45 weeks 6 days ago jmcctheboss23 you have to be the dumbest SOB on the planet if you think my comment is the dumbest.