from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A written note intended as an explanation, illustration, or criticism of a passage in a book or other writing; an annotation.
- noun A series of annotations or explanations.
- noun A statement of fact or opinion, especially a remark that expresses a personal reaction or attitude.
- noun An implied conclusion or judgment.
- noun Talk; gossip.
- noun Computers A string of text in a program that does not function in the program itself but is used by the programmer to explain instructions.
- noun Linguistics The part of a sentence that provides new information about the topic.
- intransitive verb To make a comment; remark.
- intransitive verb To serve as a judgmental commentary.
- intransitive verb To make comments on; annotate.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make remarks or observations, as on an action, an event, a proceeding, or an opinion; especially, to write critical or expository notes on the works of an author.
- To make remarks or notes upon; expound; discuss; annotate.
- To feign; devise.
- noun A spoken or written remark or observation; a remark or note; especially, a written note intended as a criticism, explanation, or expansion of a passage in a book or other writing; annotation; explanation; exposition.
- noun Talk or discourse upon a particular subject; gossip.
- noun Synonyms Annotation, etc. Sec remark, n.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb Archaic. To comment on.
- noun A remark, observation, or criticism; gossip; discourse; talk.
- noun A note or observation intended to explain, illustrate, or criticise the meaning of a writing, book, etc.; explanation; annotation; exposition.
- intransitive verb To make remarks, observations, or criticism; especially, to write notes on the works of an author, with a view to illustrate his meaning, or to explain particular passages; to write annotations; -- often followed by
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A spoken
- noun programming A remark in
source codewhich does not affect the behaviorof the program.
- verb transitive To remark.
- verb intransitive To make remarks or notes.
- verb software To insert comments into
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
- verb provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
- noun a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material
- verb explain or interpret something
- verb make or write a comment on
- noun a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Of course that was supposed to be "throw" - Note to self: * must preview comment - must preview comment - must preview comment*
Note: with most comment templates you can use $comment here, in order to display the gravatar of the commenter.
; Add Header for image file format: = "P3" comment: = "#File made in Autohotkey" hight: = scan_y_end - scan_y_start width: = scan_x_end - scan_x_start colors: = "255" file_data = % format% % comment% % width% % hight% % colors% % scan_current_line%
; Store comment for finding blanks later. shortName: = FileShortName (A_LoopField) nameHash: = String2Hex (shortName) varName = comment\%nameHash\% f_TestVarNameLength (varName) comment\%nameHash\% = \% comment\%
This will append the newly created @comment model to a dom element with the id of comments by rendering the comments / comment partial.
Two hours latter and my pro McCain comment is still under moderation!!!!!! mitchell from arkansaw
Eda's comment translates as one of the most beautiful run-on haiku's I've ever read:
Jon closed the piece with the title comment, "Oh, the delicious taste of senseless fear."
Anyone who points my wife to this comment is a dead man.
Yes | No | Report from osobear50 wrote 45 weeks 6 days ago jmcctheboss23 you have to be the dumbest SOB on the planet if you think my comment is the dumbest.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.