from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of stating or declaring.
- n. Something stated; a declaration.
- n. Law A formal pleading.
- n. An abstract of a commercial or financial account showing an amount due; a bill.
- n. A monthly report sent to a debtor or bank depositor.
- n. Computer Science An elementary instruction in a programming language.
- n. An overall impression or mood intended to be communicated, especially by means other than words: Glass, exposed beams, and antiques were combined to create a strong decorative statement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A declaration or remark.
- n. A presentation of opinion or position.
- n. A document that summarizes financial activity.
- n. An instruction in a computer program.
- v. To provide an official document of a proposition, especially in the UK a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of stating, reciting, or presenting, orally or on paper.
- n. That which is stated; a formal embodiment in language of facts or opinions; a narrative; a recital.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stating, reciting, or presenting verbally or on paper.
- n. That which is stated; a formal embodiment in language of facts or opinions; a narrative; a recital; the expression of a fact or of an opinion; account; report: as, a verbal statement; a written statement; a bank statement; a doctrinal statement.
- n. In law, a formal narration of facts or an averment in judicial proceedings, as the allegations of a complaint or answer in a cause.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
- n. a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
- n. (music) the presentation of a musical theme
- n. a document showing credits and debits
- n. (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- n. a nonverbal message
- n. a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc
Usually, this kind of statement is code for Woo-hoo!
Now this statement is finally a mature statement from a Spurs fan that I agree with.
The title statement really is true, isn't it The health of your business is a reflection of the health of your customers 'businesses
I want palin to kick rocks, her statement is as stupid is as stupid does. lovable liberal
This statement is accurate to. 01% of a plausibility unit.
This statement is an important one for the Christian community.
That is the main statement, which is new and has not been made before.
Whatever her motives, the veracity of her statement is all too clear and not only in Germany.
This statement is an optimistic sign, especially as some groups outside the mainstream continue to lobby for stringent regulations without the support of the public or our elected officials.
Obama statement is at the heart of this, not what the officer or Gates did.