from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun plural Facts that can be analyzed or used in an effort to gain knowledge or make decisions; information.
- noun plural Statistics or other information represented in a form suitable for processing by computer.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Plural of
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun plural See
- noun plural a collection of facts, observations, or other information related to a particular question or problem.
- noun plural (Computers) information, most commonly in the form of a series of binary digits, stored on a physical storage medium for manipulation by a computer program. It is contrasted with the
programwhich is a series of instructions used by the central processing unit of a computer to manipulate the data. In some conputers dataand execuatble programs are stored in separate locations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Plural form of
datum: pieces of information.
- noun uncountable, collectively information.
- noun A collection of object-units that are distinct from one another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Search the world's government data• Our world government data gateway
World government data• Search the world's government data with our gateway
New data, now including AV+, shows how the election results would look different under proportional representation• Get the data• Full general election 2010 results
Wireless trade group, CTIA, said in a statement that their members can track their minutes and data usage by typing in key words like * min and #data into their phones.
Development and aid data• Search the world's global development data with our gateway
Sense-data at the times when they are data are all that we directly and primitively know of the external world; hence in epistemology the fact that they are _data_ is all-important.
Even the dates of MSS., which in all such cases must be regarded as the primary data, are very rarely _data_ at all, but only (to coin, or rather adapt, a much-needed term) _speculata_.
So, in other words, the data you see in the paper * are all of the data* save for a second grade computation ... which was probably performed by Excel.
I changed the owner: group to will: will on data chown - R will: will/data but when I try and access it I get a permission denied will@node:/data$ ls ls: cannot open directory.
Can someome help me I'm trying to create mutiple csv files from data I have imported into powershell I have tried Export-csv C: \data. csv but it; s only giving one file with all the data.