from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A listing of the order of events and other pertinent information for a public presentation.
- n. The presentation itself: a program of piano pieces.
- n. A scheduled radio or television show.
- n. An ordered list of events to take place or procedures to be followed; a schedule: a program of physical therapy for a convalescent.
- n. A system of services, opportunities, or projects, usually designed to meet a social need: "Working parents rely on the center's after-school latchkey program” ( New York Times).
- n. A course of academic study; a curriculum.
- n. A plan or system of academic and related or ancillary activities: a work-study program.
- n. A plan or system of nonacademic extracurricular activities: the football program.
- n. A set of coded instructions that enables a machine, especially a computer, to perform a desired sequence of operations.
- n. An instruction sequence in programmed instruction.
- transitive v. To include or schedule in a program: program a new musical composition.
- transitive v. To design a program for; schedule the activities of.
- transitive v. To provide (a machine) with a set of coded working instructions.
- transitive v. To train to perform automatically in a desired way, as if programming a machine: programmed the children to use perfect table manners.
- transitive v. To prepare an instructional sequence for (material to be taught) in programmed instruction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A set of structured activities.
- n. A leaflet listing information about a play, game or other activity.
- n. A performance of a show or other broadcast on radio or television.
- n. : A software application, or a collection of software applications, designed to perform a specific task.
- n. A particular mindset or method of doing things.
- v. To enter a program or other instructions into (a computer or other electronic device) to instruct it to do a particular task.
- v. To develop (software) by writing program code.
- v. To put together the schedule of an event.
- v. To cause to automatically behave in a particular way.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as programme.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A written or printed list of the pieces or selections which constitute a musical, theatrical, or other performance or entertainment, set down in the order of their performance or exhibition.
- n. Hence The collection of such pieces or selections. The several pieces are often called numbers.
- n. A method of operation or line of procedure prepared or announced beforehand; an outline or abstract of something to be done or carried out: as, the program of the new administration; the program of a school or university.
- n. A preface; prolegomena; a preliminary or introductory statement or announcement.
- n. Same as program music, or the chain of thoughts or images that suggests and characterizes such music.
- To make a program of; enter consecutively in or as in a program.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. arrange a program of or for
- n. a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished
- n. (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute
- n. an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event
- n. a radio or television show
- v. write a computer program
- n. a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation
- n. a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need
- n. an integrated course of academic studies
- n. a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
I chose that program based on the _program_ and my second time around in the application process I didn't apply to INRU or its biggest competitor because I knew they wouldn't be right for me.
I tried to install a program and after I get the message the installation program could not create the folder "C: \program file\VSO\ConvertX\3" and Error5: Access denied, I tried to restore my sistem to an earlier date to undo all the changes that I had made, and to my surprise I found that I had no restore point available.
Recent surveys of likely voters suggest the Democrats 'Make it in American program is exactly what Americans want and believe the country needs.
Maybe it's the onset of the Grumpy Old Man syndrome, but Ottawa's new Green Bin program is giving me the pip.
But as the tiny file folders flew across the screen some stopped, and the computer indicated that the particular papers were so old the Word program had changed to a different version and the computer would have to convert them before saving them to the hard drive.
Students may be assigned to a self-contained classroom based on competence i.e., a TAG program or they may be in a homogeneous classroom and placed in special groups for subjects such as math and reading.
“Googleâ€ ™ s own domain program is built for arbitrage,” Jeremy Luebke said at Marketing Pilgrim.
But it is unclear why the use of the term program is any less metaphorical than the term positional information.
We've made some purposeful decisions, which I know are somewhat different than what some others in the industry have done, to utilize the collateral we have with the expiration of the TAG program to push some of our customer funding in repos.
This program is the first of its kid since 1985 and, according to David, will provide