from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of making a map.
- n. Mathematics A rule of correspondence established between sets that associates each element of a set with an element in the same or another set.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of making maps.
- n. A function that maps every element of a given set to a unique element of another set; a correspondence.
- n. The process of locating genes on a chromosome.
- n. Assigning a PC to a shared drive or printer port on a network.
- v. Present participle of map.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- n. (genetics) the process of locating genes on a chromosome
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And they're doing what they call a mapping mission.
Data mapping is accomplished by interpreting the file as a one dimensional stream of integers and progressively mapping quads in phase space.
What mind mapping is and how it can help you with your book.
Mind mapping is a great planning tool, and is used to great effect on the site.
Overplaying the search for resemblance and trying to force 1: 1 mapping is obtuse and stupid.
The results, which revealed risks of heart disease, diabetes and prostate cancer, could pave the way to similar tests for the general public within the next decade, especially as the cost of genetic mapping is expected to plummet.
Word mapping is Kilpatrick's term for what scientists discovered about the mental process children use to store words for instant and effortless retrieval.
Mind mapping is a fantastic way to sketch out ideas and do some really productive brainstorming.
But such a mapping is suggestive of a mind that pre-meditated to provide future generations a rosetta stone to decode biology ….
To give examples: the right to habeas corpus would be delayed and relaxed, tests such as the truth serum, brain mapping and narco analysis can be performed to get the truth out; clearly violating the right against self-incrimination.