from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. gender
- abbr. general, generally
- abbr. generation
- abbr. genitive
- abbr. genus
- n. information
- n. Fanfiction that does not specifically focus on romance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete variant of gin.
- n. An abbreviation of Genesis; General (as a title).
- n. An abbreviation of general; genitive.
- n. A terminal element in words from or made after the Latin or Greek, meaning primarily ‘produce,’ and taken either passively, ‘born,’ ‘produced,’ as in acrogen, endogen, exogen, etc., that which is produced or grows at the top, from within, from without, etc., or actively, ‘producing,’ ‘serving to produce,’ as in hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, etc., that which produces or serves to produce water, acid, nitric acid, etc. The corresponding adjective is in -genic or -genous, and the abstract noun, if any, is in -geny.
- n. An abbreviation of Geneva or Genevan.
- n. An abbreviation of gender; of genera; of generally; of generic; of genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. informal term for information
Sorry, no etymologies found.
You have been going round all the male S02's noshing them off so you never have to touch pay - now thats what I call gen!
"A movin 'gen'rally looks sort of sad, doesn't it, Pa?" she said, as she settled herself on the dismembered beds.
He said the use of this argument to justify abortion in general was a “smoke screen.”
July 28, 2008 9: 55 PM, kaushiksahu said ... hee i have got rank 674 in gen will i get a seat in cet and get a good branch.
Posted at 05: 30 PM in gen X & Y, law firms | Permalink
Posted at 08: 42 AM in gen X & Y, law firms, strategizing | Permalink
Posted at 11: 02 AM in gen X & Y, law firms | Permalink
And in general, I thought the tone was a bit antagonistic.
Side note, but I have to share: For the longest time I was disappointed with BitTorrent download speeds in general.
Ultimately, to get back to my initial reaction, I just hate garish, public advertising in general.