from The Century Dictionary.
- Operating, laboring, or striving jointly for the attainment of certain ends.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Operating jointly to the same end.
- adjective a society established on the principle of a joint-stock association, for the production of commodities, or their purchase and distribution for consumption, or for the borrowing and lending of capital among its members.
- adjective a store established by a coöperative society, where the members make their purchases and share in the profits or losses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective done with or working with others for a common purpose or benefit
- adjective willing to adjust to differences in order to obtain agreement
- adjective involving the joint activity of two or more
- noun an association formed and operated for the benefit of those using it
- noun a jointly owned commercial enterprise (usually organized by farmers or consumers) that produces and distributes goods and services and is run for the benefit of its owners
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.