from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Yielding profit; advantageous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Useful; advantageous; yielding or bringing profit or gain; gainful; lucrative: as, a profitable trade; profitable business.
- Synonyms Remunerative, productive, beneficial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Yielding or bringing profit or gain; gainful; lucrative; useful; helpful; advantageous; beneficial
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective yielding material gain or profit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.