from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Appropriate, suitable, or proper.
- adjective Pleasing or attractive to the eye.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Fit; suitable; congruous; proper; belonging to the character, or adapted to the circumstances: formerly sometimes followed by of.
- Suitable to the appearance or style of; be-fitting esthetically: as, a becoming dress.
- noun Something worn as an ornament.
- noun That which is suitable, fit, or appropriate.
- noun In metaphysics, the transition from non-existence into existence; an intermediate state between being and not being; a state of flux; the state of that which begins to be, but does not endure; change; development: opposed to being.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete That which is becoming or appropriate.
- adjective Appropriate or fit; congruous; suitable; graceful; befitting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- noun The act or process in which something
pleasingly suitableto the particular person involved.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective according with custom or propriety
- adjective displaying or setting off to best advantage
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The film cost $40 million, which means that Universal will have to hope for uncommonly strong legs as well as the title becoming a casual family rental choice over the next several years.
Her smile faded as he left the house, her expression becoming serious with concern.
He sighed, looking toward the woman, his expression becoming more serious.
My house burnded down, he says, his expression becoming utterly grave.
Then he canted his head to the side, his expression becoming pensive, his gaze faraway.
He turned to face Koloth, his expression becoming haunted as he thought of young Stephen Garrovick.
Vash groaned in frustration, her expression becoming almost that of a wild creature held against its will.
He shrugged, his expression becoming almost playful.
He pointed at the slave and closed his eyes, his expression becoming one of deep inner concentration.
Her attention switched to Trace, her expression becoming a little distant.