from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Closely joined; grown together; united.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Closely joined (by growing together)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. United at the base, as contiguous lobes of a leaf.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- United or joined.
- Specifically— In entomology, united without perceptible articulation; connate.
- In botany, same as adnate.
"Humanity," said Elizabeth, "occupies a similarly equivocal position among the coadunate races of the Galactic Milieu."