from The Century Dictionary.
- In ship carpentry, to unite together, as the ends of two pieces of wood, by means of coaks.
- noun In ship carpentry, a projection from the end of a piece of wood or timber fitting into a hole in another piece to join them, or a cylinder or pin let into the ends of both pieces.
- noun Nautical, a square metallic bushing in the central pole of the sheave of a block, through whīch the pin passes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun See
- transitive verb (Carp.) To unite, as timbers, by means of tenons or dowels in the edges or faces.
- noun (Carp.) A kind of tenon connecting the face of a scarfed timber with the face of another timber, or a dowel or pin of hard wood or iron uniting timbers.
- noun A metallic bushing or strengthening piece in the center of a wooden block sheave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
- noun nautical the
brass bearingin the sheaveof a block
- verb To
unite(timbers etc.) by means of tenonsor dowelsin the edges or face.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Mai mamakitteh groo up inna tym win coak can hadz sumfin jess uh LIDDUL BIT strawngurr dan kaffeen…
January 13, 2008 at 8:33 am a dyett coak englesh muffn fryes wif dose burgrs
June 23, 2008 at 12:13 pm coak wifowt cafeen? pleh. but sry yu nawt can has cafeen. iz daly rekwiremint fur moast. iz lait fur annipuss tu be up sillibrashuning.
May 7, 2008 at 12:04 am dans mus bee hoakycoaky, no? an drink, well wud sai rumncoack, but a litl urly fer dat in TTI – hau baut a nais aisd coak in dis sunshain?
Mebbe U cood givz himz sum dyit coak 2 goez wif doze Mentoz … c ifn it duz wat it didded awn Mifbusturz aspload, dat iz
I lurvz coak … I muss kumz bai dat honnistlee – I gitz it frum mai mamakitteh
Waol, I nawt can haz enny kaffeen 2dai, sew haow bowt rum n coak 4 evvyboddee?
January 16, 2008 at 8:12 am oar “pinsh, poak, yoo owz me a coak”
If Steven is up for it I would love to have him judge - and if not, maybe I can empanel some people since it looks liek the concensus is to have several categories in order to coak the lurkers who have been intimidated by some of the entries into taking part.
Would the God Worshippers pour coak over my body for teaching a foreigner to have a disobedient Chinese tongue?