from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The solid residue of impure carbon obtained from bituminous coal and other carbonaceous materials after removal of volatile material by destructive distillation. It is used as a fuel and in making steel.
- transitive v. To convert or be converted into coke.
- n. Cocaine.
- transitive v. To affect or intoxicate with cocaine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Solid residue from roasting coal in a coke oven; used principally as a fuel and in the production of steel and formerly as a domestic fuel.
- v. To produce coke from coal.
- v. To turn into coke.
- n. cocaine.
- n. any cola-flavored drink, especially Coca-Cola.
- n. any soft drink
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mineral coal charred, or depriver of its bitumen, sulphur, or other volatile matter by roasting in a kiln or oven, or by distillation, as in gas works. It is lagerly used where � smokeless fire is required.
- transitive v. To convert into coke.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The solid product of the carbonization of coal, bearing the same relation to that substance that charcoal does to wood.
- To convert (coal) into coke.
- To become coke; be convertible into coke: as, a coking coal.
- Sometimes spelled coak.
- n. A Middle English form of cook.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal
- n. Coca Cola is a trademarked cola
- n. street names for cocaine
- v. become coke
Kosher coke is available in Columbus and Cinncinati, OH. right now.
The slang term coke should appear only in quoted matter.
You can buy a coke from a vending machine with your cell phone.
Class, which determines third world elections as surely as four quarters get you a coke from the coke machine, always seem just beyond the American ken – whereas it is always considered a winner to be just like an American!
I found out from the locals that their coke is made with real sugar.
March 23, 2007 at 5: 33 pm | Reply hey somebody was all like oh mexican coke is the same .. blah blah its not ok its disgusting … american pesach coke and israeli pesach coke are the best!!!! for those of u in san deigo go to the pico area of los angelos … any kosher super market or ralphs should have it! ok yw .. goodluck. keely Says:
I hold a similar theory that diet coke is evidence that the devil has walked the earth.
Half a century back, we used to buy coke from the machine and bet on who would get the bottle from farthest away.
Cooking: Fry it up in coke or pepsi (as jrsniper said).
Yes | No | Report from jrsniper wrote 3 weeks 1 day ago fry the squirrel in coke or pepsi at a low flame for 20 min. the soda will fry up so you have to keep adding it.