from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture The use or arrangement of columns in a building.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An arrangement or grouping of columns
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The employment or arrangement of columns in a structure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the employment of columns in a design; collectively, the columns thus used in a structure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (architecture) the arrangement of columns (especially freestanding columns) in a structure
Sorry, no etymologies found.