from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The supreme commander of all the armed forces of a nation.
- noun The officer commanding a major armed force.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The commander of all the armies of a state or nation; the chief military commander.
- noun In the navy, a flag-officer commanding an independent fleet or squadron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Supreme
commanderof the armed forcesof an entire country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the officer who holds the supreme command
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.