from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ship that carries a fleet or squadron commander and bears the commander's flag.
- n. The chief one of a related group: the flagship of a newspaper chain; the flagship of a line of reference books.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In a maritime fleet, the ship occupied by the fleet's commander (usually an admiral); it denotes this by flying his flag.
- n. The most important one out of a related group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The vessel which carries the commanding officer of a fleet or squadron and flies his distinctive flag or pennant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ship which bears the flag-officer of a squadron or fleet, and on which his flag is displayed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the chief one of a related group
- n. the ship that carries the commander of a fleet and flies his flag
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To what they called their flagship programme for the vulnerable section of the
His flagship is Improve-Education. org (which now has 40 intellectual articles, 5 of them about reading).
Qatar's flagship is Education City, home to seven distinguished American universities.
Of course, Ford's new performance flagship is a bit slower than its predecessor, but it's still chock full of heritage and collectibility like the GT. www.enterbet.com
He referred to the flagship system as the “mother hen and chickens” breakthrough.
The Education Department's long term flagship, the School Journal, is one exception, with a pioneering essay by David Jenkins on its social attitudes (1939), and a history by P.R. Earle (1954), followed by an article by B.P. Malone, 'The New Zealand School Journal and the imperial ideology' in New Zealand Journal of History (April 1973), and more recent unpublished work by Rebecca McLennan and Michael Reid.
Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc Brad Goreski MImi Ritzen Crawford for The Wall Street Jouranl Janet Jackson Up Madison Avenue, Alber Elbaz was hosting a bash at the Lanvin flagship store.
31 (Reuters) - Deutsche Lufthansa has seen the rate of decline in German flagship carrier's Frankfurt hub manager Karl-Rudolf Rupprecht said.
The winery’s flagship is the 2005 VIU 1, a blend of 88% Malbec and 12% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Gove should scrap his so -called flagship policy and support and enhance the schools we have.