from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, involving, or determined by competition.
- adjective Liking competition or inclined to compete.
- adjective Biochemistry Relating to the inhibition of enzyme activity that results from the reversible combination of an enzyme with an alternate compound and prevents normal substrate binding.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to or involving competition; characterized by or requiring competition; competing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to competition; producing competition; competitory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective economics
- adjective of or pertaining to
- adjective biochemistry
inhibitingthe action of an enzymeby bindingwith it
- adjective euphemistically cheap, especially used of quality products
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective showing a fighting disposition
- adjective involving competition or competitiveness
- adjective subscribing to capitalistic competition
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.