from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An apparatus wherein solutions or other products of manufacture are concentrated.
- noun One who or that which concentrates.
- noun In firearms: A wire frame or other device in which the shot are placed in the cartridge to hold them together when discharged from the gun, and which thus serves to effect close shooting.
- noun A device which can be attached to the mouth of the bore of a shotgun, slightly narrowing it, to concentrate the shot when they are discharged.
- noun In mining, the name frequently given, especially in the United States, to any complicated form of machine used in ore-dressing, or in separating the particles of ore or metal from the gangue or rock with which they are associated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Mining) An apparatus for the separation of dry comminuted ore, by exposing it to intermittent puffs of air.
- noun (Firearms) A frame or ring of wire or hard paper fitting into the cartridge case used in some shotguns, and holding the shot together when discharged, to secure close shooting; also, a device for slightly narrowing the bore at the muzzle for the same purpose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun telecommunications A
- noun mining An
apparatusfor the separationof dry comminuted ore, by exposing it to intermittent puffs of air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
concentrate + -or
Sorry, no example sentences found.