from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act or process of concreting into a mass; coalescence.
- noun The state of having been concreted.
- noun A solid hard mass.
- noun Geology A rounded mass of mineral matter found in sedimentary rock.
- noun Medicine A solid mass, usually composed of inorganic material, formed in a cavity or tissue of the body; a calculus.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In old chem., reduction of a liquid to a solid, commonly by partial evaporation.
- noun The act of growing together or becoming united in one mass; concrescence; coalescence.
- noun A mass of solid matter formed by a growing together, or by congelation, condensation, coagulation, conglomeration, or induration; a clot; a lump; a nodule: as, “concretions of slime,”
- noun Specifically In geology, an aggregation of mineral matter, usually calcareous or silicious, in concentric layers, so arranged as to give rise to a form approaching the spherical, but often much flattened.
- noun In logic: The state of being concrete; concreteness.
- noun The act of determination, or of rendering a concept more concrete or determinate by adding to the marks it contains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The process of concreting; the process of uniting or of becoming united, as particles of matter into a mass; solidification.
- noun A mass or nodule of solid matter formed by growing together, by congelation, condensation, coagulation, induration, etc.; a clot; a lump; a calculus.
- noun (Geol.) A rounded mass or nodule produced by an aggregation of the material around a center.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The process of
aggregatingor coalescinginto a mass.
- noun A
solid, hardmass formed by a process of aggregationor coalescence.
- noun geology A
roundedmass of a mineral, sometimes found in sedimentary rockor on the ocean floor.
- noun The
actionof making something concreteor the resultof such an action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an increase in the density of something
- noun the formation of stonelike objects within a body organ (e.g., the kidneys)
- noun the union of diverse things into one body or form or group; the growing together of parts
- noun a hard lump produced by the concretion of mineral salts; found in hollow organs or ducts of the body
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin concretio.
Sorry, no example sentences found.