from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of forming or gathering into a ball.
- noun A round body; a spherical formation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or process of forming into a ball.
- noun A round body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Formation into a
ball, globeor rounded mass
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an occurrence combining miscellaneous things into a (more or less) rounded mass
- noun a rounded spherical form
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Aubrey calls this "a conglobation of gravel and sand," and says that the inhabitants know it as "the Devil's Stone, and believe it cannot be mov'd, and that treasure is hid underneath."
A very lucid explanation certainly, but rendered a little difficult of apprehension by the effort necessary for realising in a mental picture the conglobation of a fulgureous exhalation by a circumfixed humour.
He is called _nut_, from the conglobation of his form; but both the copies read, _Out, gall_!