from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb As a result; therefore.
from The Century Dictionary.
- By consequence; by the connection of cause and effect or of antecedent and consequent; in consequence of something; therefore.
- Synonyms Wherefore, Accordingly, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb By consequence; by natural or logical sequence or connection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb conjunctive As a
resultor consequenceof something.
- adverb sequence, obsolete
subsequently, followingafter in time or sequence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb (sentence connectors) because of the reason given
- adverb as a consequence
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
consequent + -ly
Sorry, no example sentences found.