from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The one to whom something, such as goods or merchandise, is consigned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person to whom a shipment is to be delivered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom goods or other things are consigned; a factor; -- correlative to consignor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person to whom goods or other property sent by carrier are consigned or addressed; specifically, one who has the care or disposal of goods received upon consignment; a factor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person to whom merchandise is delivered over
The presumption, in the absence of proof, is, that the consignee is the agent of the shipper.
Why say that the goods belonged to "subjects of the King of Italy," when the consignee was the real owner?
The person to whom the goods are shipped is the "consignee".
In order to file a claim with Staples I had to furnish: name, address and daytime phone of consignee, copy of original Staples receipt — including cash register spit-out tape, an independent appraisal of the radio, the original ebay listing showing the final price, the PayPal transaction showing any payments or refunds, etc.,etc.
Select the Mexican client, importer, consignee, customs broker or trade show organiser to whom the documentation needs to be sent prior to shipment.
Chinese Origin Goods Chinese Origin Goods made in China, such as plastic toys and clothing, may be subject to high anti-dumping quotas which range in 500+%, which may result in abandonment by the consignee due to the high cost of entry.
The shipment has my wife's name as the consignee which we were told she can assign to the broker once we have one using a letter.
Then the consignee works with Customs to pay the Duty and fullfill any requirement exams.
I managed the interior transportation of import containers from the US port to the eventual US city where the consignee is.
In addition, another doctor in town sent a FedEx package of Demerol, Dalmane, and some other medications to the Bahamas with her name on it, as they put it, the consignee.