from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that makes copies of printed or graphic matter.
- n. One that transcribes or copies: a copier of ancient manuscripts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine that copies graphical material; a duplicator.
- n. A person who copies documents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who copies; one who writes or transcribes from an original; a transcriber.
- n. An imitator; one who imitates an example; hence, a plagiarist.
- n. a machine that makes copies of documents, especially by xerography; a photocopier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who copies; one who writes or transcribes from an original or form; a transcriber.
- n. An imitator; a plagiarist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. apparatus that makes copies of typed, written or drawn material
In a regime obsessed with the control of information a copier is a dangerous instrument.
Someone demand to see the GOP version of Finance Reform and when they don't produce it or say sorry, the copier is jammed or my dog ate it, expose them for the obstructionists that they are.
If you think the windows copier is fine, either you're using vista (i think the last one was fixed on vista) or you haven't had to copy huge amounts of files.
I think I must be the only person here who thinks Wins file copier is fine.
Clad in steel, the GigaMatrix looks like a copier from the late 1980s, with two flat TV monitors on top and a door on the side.
An average cartridge for a good printer or copier is $100.
But when the copier broke down, she called the copier company and discovered that not only did she not have a maintenance contract, but she owed
If you’re dumping gigabytes of data from one drive to another, however, you’ll quickly find that the default copier is sluggish and unreliable.
Doing a cartwheel over a copier is a lot different than a leap over two semi trucks!
Just getting a copier was an exercise in frustration that required three different licenses, he said.