from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soft white cheese made of cream and milk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft, mild-tasting, white cheese that comes from cows milk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a kind of cheese made from curd from which the cream has not been taken off, or to which cream has been added.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of soft rich cheese prepared from curd made with new or unskimmed milk and an added quantity of cream, the curd being placed in a cloth and allowed to drain without pressure; also, any cheese made with an extra proportion of cream.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. soft unripened cheese made of sweet milk and cream
Named after the cream the cheese was made from. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.