from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horizontal bar, line, or stripe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The top of the goal structure.
- n. The top tube of a bicycle frame.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A transverse bar or piece, as a bar across a door, or as the iron bar or stock which passes through the shank of an anchor to insure its turning fluke down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A transverse bar; a bar laid or fixed across another; in an anchor, a round bar of iron, straight or bent at one or both ends, inserted in the shank.
- n. A small bar in the mechanism of a break-joint breech-loading firearm, which presses out the extractor when the barrels are falling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a horizontal bar that goes across something
- n. long thin horizontal crosspiece between two vertical posts
- n. game equipment consisting of a horizontal bar to be jumped or vaulted over
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Shane Doan almost gave Phoenix the lead with 17: 04 to play, bouncing a shot off the crossbar from the top of the right faceoff circle.
Ahn hooked a shot across goal in the 36th minute, had a free kick ricochet off the Italian defensive wall in the 44th and spiraled a left-foot shot over the crossbar from a free kick in the 58th minute.
Jason Wiemer hit the crossbar from the right side midway through before Roy kicked aside Cory Stillman's shot during a power play minutes later.
a feed from Naslund under the crossbar from the doorstep for his third two-goal game of the season and the fifth of his career.
a wrist shot just under the crossbar from the right circle for his second goal of the season with 7 1/2 minutes left.
There are goalposts at each end, much like in rugby, except that the area under the crossbar is an eight-foot high, soccer-style goal, complete with a goalkeeper.
Under the crossbar was a sliding stock for the right hand, shaped like the butt of a pistol and fitted with a trigger.
Mounted slightly above and to one side of the crossbar was a magazine containing ten short arrows.
ZERO resolution because of the crossbar is a JOKE.
The architecture of HP's memristor circuit is a hash of perpendicular wires known as a crossbar array, in which the memristors are sandwiched between the crossing points.