from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A summary of one's education, professional history, and job qualifications, as for a prospective employer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A written account of one's life comprising one's education, accomplishments, work experience, publications, etc.; especially, one used to apply for a job.
- n. A detailed written account of one's education and experience used to seek positions in academic or educational environments, typically including academic credentials, publications, courses taught, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A brief biographical summary of the main points of a person's life, especially one's education and training, the jobs one has held, and other notable activities one has participated in, as well as other notable points such as honors one has received. It is prepared and used commonly by a person who is submitting an application for a job or position of responsibility. It is also called a vita or vitae, and is abbreviated CV.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a summary of your academic and work history
Latin curriculum vītae, the race of life : curriculum, course + vītae, genitive of vīta, life.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin curriculum ("course") + vītae, genitive of vīta ("life"). (Wiktionary)