from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A summary of one's education, professional history, and job qualifications, as for a prospective employer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A brief biographical summary of the main points of a person's life, especially one's education and training, the jobs one has held, and other notable activities one has participated in, as well as other notable points such as honors one has received. It is prepared and used commonly by a person who is submitting an application for a job or position of responsibility. It is also called a
vitaor vitae, and is abbreviated CV.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun UK A written account of one's life comprising one's
education, accomplishments, work experience, publications, etc.; especially, one used to apply for a job.
- noun US A detailed written account of one's education and experience used to seek positions in
academicor educationalenvironments, typically including academic credentials, publications, coursestaught, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a summary of your academic and work history
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin curriculum vītae, the race of life : curriculum, course + vītae, genitive of vīta, life.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin curriculum ("course") + vītae, genitive of vīta ("life").
Sorry, no example sentences found.