from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Beginning; first attempt or appearance; first step: used specifically of a first appearance in society, or before the public, as that of an actor or an actress on the stage.
- noun In chess, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A beginning or first attempt; hence, a first appearance before the public, as of an actor or public speaker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb make one's debut
- verb appear for the first time in public
- verb present for the first time to the public
- noun the presentation of a debutante in society
- noun the act of beginning something new
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowing from French début, from débuter ("begin”, “start”, “lead off").
Sorry, no example sentences found.