from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Something that follows as a continuation, especially a literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative continues that of a preexisting work.
- noun A result or consequence.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun That which follows and forms a continuation; a succeeding part: as, the sequel of a man's adventures or history.
- noun Consequence; result; event.
- noun Consequence inferred; consequentialness.
- noun Succession; order.
- noun Those who follow or come after; descendants.
- noun In Scots law. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That which follows; a succeeding part; continuation.
- noun Consequence; event; effect; result.
- noun rare Conclusion; inference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun narratology A
narrativethat is written after another narrative set in the same universe, especially a narrative that is chronologically set after its predecessors, or (perhaps improper usage) any narrative that has a preceding narrative of its own.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a part added to a book or play that continues and extends it
- noun something that follows something else
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
This sequel is the second episode in a series of four.
Boy, do you have a lot catching up (and crying) to do =/the spiller ameron just gave away what the sequel is about in a press conference to scientists - The navi look so human because the human race created them and populated pandora with them.
The film basically sets up Nikolai's story at the end so a sequel is a brilliant idea.
And from what I gather, the sequel is as good as this one.
I agree the sequel is a bit stupid, especially if the plot is along the same lines, maybe if it'sa sequel with a different title, the same charaters and a fairly different plot.
Lets hope the sequel is as good or better than this one. danamiller
However, I think the sequel is a whole lot better.
As in, Hollywood folk usually keep these sort of things to themselves when a sequel is announced.
An admirer but not a devotee so sending me a sequel is a bit of a risk, except no risk because I'm loving it.
When the sequel is actually a re-imagining of the first!