from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Line of descent from an ancestor; hence, family; race; stock.
- noun Synonyms Genealogy, etc. (see
pedigree), birth, extraction, ancestry, family, descent.
- noun Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Descent in a line from a common progenitor; progeny; race; descending line of offspring or ascending line of parentage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Descentin a linefrom a common progenitor; progeny; race; descending line of offspringor ascending line of parentage.
- noun advertising A number of
linesof textin a column.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the number of lines in a piece of printed material
- noun the descendants of one individual
- noun the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors
- noun a rate of payment for written material that is measured according to the number of lines submitted
- noun inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Middle English linage, from Old French linage, from ligne, from Latin linea ("line"); see line.
Sorry, no example sentences found.