from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Something added or to be added, especially a supplement to a book.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A thing to be added; an addition; an appendix to a work.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A thing to be added; an appendix or addition.
- noun (Mech.) the circle which may be described around a circular spur wheel or gear wheel, touching the crests or tips of the teeth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Something to be
added; especially textadded as an appendixor supplementto a document.
- noun A
- noun engineering The height by which the tooth of a gear projects beyond (outside for external, or inside for internal) the standard pitch circle or pitch line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun textual matter that is added onto a publication; usually at the end
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin, neuter gerundive of addere, to add; see add.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From the gerundive of Latin addere ("to add").
Sorry, no example sentences found.